The Auxiliary Patrol Service patrols municipal parks from early May until October as well as assists with numerous special events. A minimum commitment of twenty-four (24) hours per month is required for parks patrol as well as ten (10) special events annually.
- is greater than 20 years
- is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- has successfully completed four years of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Must possess a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s license with full driving privileges;
- Must possess valid first aid and CPR certificates at time of application;
- provides six acceptable references attesting to the candidate’s good character;
- satisfactorily complete an oral interview;
- consents to a background investigation, the results of which are satisfactory to the Service;
- is physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position and
- satisfactorily completes a physical examination by a medical practitioner; possesses an acceptable work record;
- agrees to be bound by Oaths of Office & Secrecy;
- -successfully completes all Auxiliary Patrol recruit training.
The Windsor Police Auxiliary Patrol Service will post ads in the Windsor Star Newspaper and on the Windsor Police Service Website for the position of Auxiliary Officer
as openings become available. Please visit the Employment Opportunities page on the Windsor Police Service website regularly for more information.
All previous applicants must reapply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PHONE CONTACT WITH THE WINDSOR POLICE SERVICE WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To find out if the Windsor Police Auxiliary is accepting applications please click here