HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
Children under 10 years of age:
- Remain with a parent or trusted adult
- Never talk to strangers, never go into their house!
- Only go to homes where the lights are on.
- Walk never run!
- Don't criss cross the street going house to house
- Look both ways before you cross the street
- Do not eat candy until an adult checks it first!!
- Carry a flashlight and wear reflective tape or clothing to ensure visibility
- Be careful around lit candles and pumpkins.
Children over 10 years of age:
- Bring an adult with you and/or check in periodically
- Travel with at least 2 friends - Buddy system
- Wear a costume that is reflective and highly visible - avoid tripping hazards like long flowing costumes
- Use a flash light and or glow stick
- Carry a cell phone and/or loose change (money) to make an emergency phone call
- Never go into a strangers house
- DO NOT eat any candy until an adult as checked it.
- Don't criss cross the streets to go house to house
- Go home at the time you are told!!
Windsor Police wishes everyone a safe and happy halloween.