Vulnerable Persons Registry
Goal of the Program:
The goal of the program is to give police quick access to critical information about a registered individual with ASD in the community in an emergency situation.
How it Works:
- Access the Autism report by clicking on the button below;
- Complete the online registry form by filling in a series of pre-formatted screen;
- Add a picture if available;
- When complete, review and submit the report;
- Once submitted, you will receive a thank you notice which confirms the registration form is being processed and provides a temporary Report Number;
- You will be advised of the option to place a static cling window decal at your residence and/or on your vehicle, which will alert police that there is an occupant with ASD who may not respond to verbal commands and who participates in the registry. These decals will be provided by Autism Services Inc., and it will be the option of the applicant to contact Autism Services Inc. for these resources;
- A second e-mail will provide a confirmation that the case is approved and provides a permanent Report Number;
- Use the permanent Report Number when referring to your report in the future
- If online reporting is not right for you, the Telephone Reporting Centre will be happy to assist with your Autism Rregistry;
- Please call (519)255-6700 Ext. 4151 to begin your registration, or to update a previous registration.
- This phone line is monitored 24/7/365
- This registration can be done in ALL languages through Language Line translation services.
Once the Autism Registry registration processs is compete and confirmed to be entered into the Windsor Police Service records, it is the responsiblitiy of the caregiver or designate to report any changes in regards to the address, phyiscal appearance, or behaviour of the registrant.
Annual registration is required to keep your form active. It is the responsibility of the applicant to re-submit the form. It is recommended that you re-submit on the registrant's birthday to make it easier to remember.