Professional Standards Branch
The mandate of the Professioinal Standards Branch is to provide effective support to the Windsor Police Service by ensuring that prescribed Service standards are maintained. These standards include the conduct, integrity, ethics, professionalism, respect and accountability of the members of the Windsor Police Service with the goal of enhancing public confidence and cooperation within the community.
The Professional Standards Branch is responsible for:
- managing and coordinating the investigation of complaints pursuant to Part V of the Police Services Act of Ontario
- providing Civil Litigation support
- ensuring compliance with the Police Services Act
- acting as a liaison with the provincial regulatory bodies such as the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIRPD), the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and the Ontario Civilian Policing Commission (OCPC)
- providing training to Service members
OIRPD-How to make a Complaint
How to Compliment a Member
Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
Ontario Civilian Policing Commission (OCPC)
OIPRD Results of Disciplinary Hearings
**Pursuant to s. 86(1) of the Police Services Act, the Chief of Police shall ensure that every decision made after a hearing held under s.66(3) or 68(5) is made available to the public in the manner that he or she considers appropriate in the circumstances.