Professional Standards Branch
The mandate of the Professional Standards Branch is to provide effective support to the Windsor Police Service by ensuring that prescribed Service standards are maintained. These standards include the conduct, integrity, ethics, professionalism, respect and accountability of the members of the Windsor Police Service with the goal of enhancing public confidence and cooperation within the community.
The Professional Standards Branch is responsible for:
- managing and coordinating the investigation of complaints pursuant to Part V of the Police Services Act of Ontario
- providing Civil Litigation support
- ensuring compliance with the Police Services Act
- acting as a liaison with the provincial regulatory bodies such as the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIRPD), the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and the Ontario Civilian Policing Commission (OCPC)
- providing training to Service members
Pending Police Act Hearing Dates
The Windsor Police Service convenes all first appearances on formal Police Services Act charges against Windsor Police officers on the third Wednesday of each month at 9:00 AM. The hearings are held at 250 Windsor Avenue, 2nd floor in the Professional Standards Branch Boardroom.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic The Windsor Police Service Professional Standards Branch Office is closed to the public.
For information regarding upcoming PSA hearings please contact the Professional Standards Branch at 226-674-1360 Extension 21.
OIRPD-How to make a Complaint
How to Compliment a Member
Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
Ontario Civilian Policing Commission (OCPC)
OIPRD Results of Disciplinary Hearings
Disciplinary Tribunal Rules (English)
Disciplinary Tribunal Rules (French)
**Pursuant to s. 86(1) of the Police Services Act, the Chief of Police shall ensure that every decision made after a hearing held under s.66(3) or 68(5) is made available to the public in the manner that he or she considers appropriate in the circumstances.